SASSA R350 SRD Grant Frequently Asked Questions
If you disagree with the choice, you must file an SASSA appeal for each month the award was denied. Within 60 to 90 days of the submission of the appeal, the independent tribunal is responsible with notifying the applicants via electronic means of the results of their appeal application.
- In accordance with SASSA, if your SRD grant application has not yet been granted, you will get a "Status Pending" notification.
- Your personal information and financial information may still need to be validated.
- After that procedure is finished and approved, SASSA will send you an SMS asking for your banking information before paying you.
Your R350 grant application will return a "Status Pending" notice until it has been verified and approved. However, it should just take a few weeks—close to 30 days or less—to approve your application.
- Using your cell phone dial this number: *120*69277#
- Follow the prompts.
- You will then receive a SMS showing your SASSA balance.
APPLICANT'S DECLARATION AND CONSENT
I declare that: srd status check
I am / the Applicant is:
- a South African citizen, permanent resident, or refugee listed on R350 the Home Affairs database; a holder of a special permit under the Special Angolan Dispensation; a Lesotho exempt permit; a Zimbabwe exempt permit; or an asylum seeker whose section 22 permit or visa is currently valid or was on March 15, 2020;
- presently live inside the Republic of South Africa's boundaries;
- not being paid unemployment insurance benefits and not being eligible for unemployment benefits;
- a minimum age of 18 and a maximum age of 60;
- I agree to tell SASSA right away if my or the applicant's financial situation, contact information, or scenario change in any way related to clause.
- I certify that the mobile phone number supplied is the one where the applicant can be reached and that SASSA may communicate with the applicant regarding this award through this channel only. I promise to quickly update SASSA with any changes to this number.
- I am aware of the legal ramifications of providing false or misleading information in the application, and I hereby acknowledge and agree that any such information, as well as any incorrect information or a request to have my or the Applicant's personal information deleted, will be grounds for SASSA to deny or revoke the application for the special relief of distress grant.
- I am aware that Personal R350 Information has the definition outlined in the Protection of Personal Information Act, Act No. 4 of 2013 (the "POPI Act") and refers to any information provided to SASSA in connection with my or the applicant's application that relates to me or them as an identifiable, living, natural person. I am aware that SASSA shall abide by the POPI Act and any other relevant laws while handling my or the applicant's personal information.
- I acknowledge that any Personal Information supplied to SASSA is provided voluntarily and that SASSA will not be able to comply with its obligations or reserves its right not to comply with its obligations, if incorrect Personal Information is supplied sassa status check for r350.
- I attest that R350. I am aware of the "How my grant works" advising paper, which describes how to apply and includes details like my right to a monthly reconsideration if my request is denied, and is also available on the SRD website. I acknowledge that I am aware that I can speak to a representative at the SASSA Call Center in any language of my choice for help with my application or to learn more about my rights and obligations. 2 pages total 5.
- I am aware that SASSA has the right to reject my or the applicant's grant in light of conclusions reached by the AGSA after consulting any databases they may have access to. I also accept that SASSA may ask the AGSA for information about me or the applicant that is in their possession in order to verify our income.
- For planning and auditing purposes, R350 SASSA may exchange information with other governmental organizations like the AGSA.
- When processing entails a demonstrable benefit to the applicant/data subject, such as the reference to economic and development prospects, SASSA may also share mine or the applicant's personal information.